Are you trying to complete your cable management but are stuck for ideas? Then you need to buy cable trays and cable baskets that can help you get organised. They are a valuable office accessory that will enable your workplace to become more productive and look more professional.
Far too many office spaces around Australia don’t take their cable management seriously. With the cable management accessories here at Value Office Furniture, you can upgrade the organisation of your office. Read on for tips and reasons for why cable trays are a great tool to manage your power and data cables.
Cable Baskets Installation Ideas
Are you wondering where you can install basket trays and who can help? It’s a smart idea to plan the installation process thoroughly so that you can end up with a set up that makes sense. Here are the top things to consider when figuring out your cable basket installation process:
- Location: first decide on the location of where you will install the cable tray or basket. Ideally, they will be out of sight because let’s face it, they don’t look very visually appealing. Also, they should be located where you could expand the size of your office space. Adding extra office workspaces should be straight forward so there is minimal disruption to the work flow.
- Who will install: consider the person that will install the baskets. You could hire a technician that looks after your office hardware and understands how to complete your cable management. However, if you have a small office and are tight on funds, then you can install the cable management solutions easily for yourself.
- Choose the right unit: make sure you pick the right cable basket or tray based on your requirements. You need to think about the colour, size and power outlets. We will share more information on this in the next section.
Getting the cable management unit installed correctly right away saves you from having to make adjustments in the future. However, it’s likely that you will not get it perfect on your first try. The idea is to learn from your mistakes and in the future you’ll be better equipped to understand how to install the solutions.
Cable Management Buying Considerations
You need to think about specific things when buying cable baskets and trays. The choice should be based on what you need and what options the store has in stock. Here at Value Office Furniture we provide a range of sizes so you can get the right fit for your office spaces. Here are the top things to think about:
- Colour: choose a colour scheme that allows the units to blend into the background of your office furniture or interior décor. That’s very important when you want to achieve a look that will not take away from the professionalism of your offices.
- Size: buy the size that allows you to slot the basket or tray into a space that’s out of sight. This might be behind hardware or under the desk or table. However, you need to make sure that there is enough space for all cables to be housed. Otherwise, you run the risk of struggling to properly manage all the cables in your office.
- Power options: make sure that the tray you have has enough power options for your needs. We offer various power and data outlet options so that modern office spaces can be setup to work efficiently. However, the power cables and outlets are available to purchase separately to the cable baskets.
These are just a few of the things you need to consider when buying office cable management solutions. Based on your requirements you may have other specific needs that should be top-of-mind.
Advantages of Cable Management Solutions
Are you still wondering if you need cable management solutions for your office? In this section, you’ll learn about the advantages of using these solutions to boost your office setup. You’ll see that there are many reasons for why buying cable baskets is a smart idea. Here are a few of the top ones:
- Safety: Messy and untidy power and data cables can be a trip hazard, particularly if they’re laying on the floor, and therefore can be dangerous in a busy office. Cables must be up off the floor – nice and neat and tidy, and safe.
- Interference: when data and power cables are running closely parallel to each other without any shielding or segregation, there is a chance of interference. It leads to signal loss and conference calls could be severely downgraded in quality. Therefore, proper cable management is required to help avoid these problems.
- Scalability: good quality cable management allows office spaces to scale a lot faster. That’s especially true if there are limited power outlets at the walls. Adding extra power outlets throughout the office is possible when using cable trays to route the cable correctly. However, you will need a plan to ensure that no mistakes are made along the way.
- Damage: there is a smaller chance of damage when the cables are organised in the correct manner. Damage such as cuts and bends are possible when the cables are not protected. Therefore, if you have had problems in the past with cable damage, then cable trays and baskets are a good idea.
- Maintenance: with good cable management it’s easier to perform proper maintenance. Technicians understand where the cables are and what equipment they are connecting. It’s perfect if you want to constantly upgrade your hardware without understanding a messy cable set up.
- Better productivity: when the office space becomes more organised, then you can expect a productivity boost. It’s hard to get a lot of work done when the office is a messy workspace. Being tidy can boost productivity, and in most cases, helps you find stuff around the office.
You’ll also see that good cable management promotes a professional look, which is important if you invite clients to your office. You want to portray a look of excellence and messy cables will go against that.
Showing all 25 results